Each research area on the list below contains links to faculty who have interests in that area. Often our faculty have broad interests, so a given researcher may be on several lists.
Note that this listing is intended only as a general guide to the research done by individuals in the Rice Math Department. Many faculty members collaborate on projects outside their main field of interest.
- Algebra and Algebraic geometry
- Complex analysis and Teichmüller theory
- Dynamical systems and ergodic theory
- Differential geometry and geometric analysis
- Harmonic and functional analysis; operators
- Mathematical physics
- Measure theory and probability
- Number theory
- Partial differential equations