Bush Intercontinental Airport
Houston Hobby Airport
If you are arriving by airplane we recommend the super shuttle or taxi. Please be aware that Houston has two airports. The taxi fare from the airports is based on the destination "zone". The zone for the Hilton Plaza is "Medical Center". Please read the information on the ground transportation links above to see more precise information on the taxi fares and tips on using credit cards, etc..
A block of rooms has been reserved at the The Hilton Houston Plaza Medical Center which is located at 6633 Travis Street, one block from the Rice Campus. Rooms include:
- Rice rate of $119/night (excluding tax) for a King or Double
- Complimentary basic internet
- Complimentary shuttle service for guests of the hotel. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes EXCEPT from 12pm - 1pm as the driver takes his lunch break. This is available to book at the front desk individually. First ride is at 7:00am and last ride is 10:30pm. This option is first come, first served.
Reservations must be made before April 29, 2022 to receive the discounted rate.
Request support on the registration form. If your request for support is approved, we will pay your hotel bill (nightly rate and applicable taxes) directly.
You will need to make hotel reservations with the hotel directly. You can make reservations using the online reservation system. If you have problems making reservations, contact Lisa Geda with your desired dates.
Directions and Transportation
Local Places of Interest
Here are some links to nearby shopping and attractions:
- Rice Village - the closest shopping and restaurants,
- Hermann Park - wonderful place to spend a day - you can ride the train along Hermann Park Railroad, pedal around in a pedal boat on McGovern Lake, jog along the trails, or enjoy a peaceful moment in the Japanese Garden.
- Houston Zoo - a fun and educational way to spend an afternoon,
- Museum of Fine Arts - touring exhibitions as well as the museum's permanent collections of world art fill the galleries with works from every era of history.
- MetroRail - fast, convenient way to travel to Downtown, Midtown, the Museum District and Texas Medical Center.
- Suggestions for restaurants in the Rice Village